Wednesday, July 17, 2019

A Handmade Wedding Part 2

More than a month ago, I closed a chapter of my sewing journey when my daughter got married in a wedding gown that I sewed. It was a painstakingly slow process that involved months of planning and numerous long distance fittings aided by Skype. It involved a lot of hand sewing as the gown was made of several layers of fabrics that were eventually overlaid with lace. But it was all so worth it! My daughter has always been my biggest supporter, never expressing any doubt about the wedding gown. In this post, I am sharing some pictures taken during the wedding. A separate post detailing the construction process can be found here.




It was an outdoor wedding set in the beautiful backyard of the groom's parents. 



ac

Just some of the lovely handmade touches courtesy of the groom.





When the ceremony was about to begin, it started raining. But that didn't dampen the spirits of anyone in attendance.
The couple marched in to the tune of the Ratatouille theme song!




The bride's bouquet was made of flowers hand crocheted by the groom.



Here are some lovely shots which show the gown up close. 






  1.  And some more lovely photos of the couple.  










For some reason, these two are obsessed with cute penguins, hence the theme of the wedding cake!






6 comments:

  1. Ahhh, what beautiful photos...You daughter look stunning and you must feel very proud of her starting a new life phase and yourself for creating such a beautiful, elegant gown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Diane! I get sentimental every time I browse through the wedding photos.

      Delete
  2. Your daughter looks gorgeous, and happy in the gown you made for her. Best wishes to her and her new husband! I am so impressed by the high quality, and amount of sewing it took to make the gown. You should be sooooo proud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Audrey! I'm just so happy because my daughter was so proud of the gown I made for her!

      Delete
  3. Maria, this is truly an inspired piece of sewing, and your love shines through in every stitch. Your technical post has so much excellent information too, so helpful when making these considerations. I may be in your shoes in the not so distant future, and appreciate your sharing the details and resources found that really help when working on such an important project. Best wishes to the happy couple, and some stress free fun sewing for you! Impeccable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kathy! Ooh, fun times ahead of you! I'm glad you found my posts helpful. I also appreciate your well wishes for my daughter and son-in-law.

      Delete