Sunday, March 4, 2012

Let There Be Peppers....Dress That Is

A look at how the dress is constructed. Continued from previous post.

Pattern layout on the main fabric.

Pattern layout on interlining fabric. 

All the pieces cut out. It looks a lot but it is manageable, believe me!

Now the fun part, making the pleats!
(These pleats are for the bodice.)

 Assembling the "stay" which is actually the interlining.

Attaching the "stay" to the main fabric.

Main fabric of the upper front with "stay" sewn in place.

More pleats!
(This time for the lower front.)

Attaching the upper front to the lower front.

Lower front stay sewn to upper front & lower front.

View from the inner side.

Making the pleats on lower back.
Asssembling lower back stay.

Lower back stay sewn to lower back.
This was not in the instructions but I decided to handsew the seam allowance to the stay to keep in flat.
Attaching the side zipper.
Sewing the side zipper in place using invisible foot attachment.

Invisible side zipper in place.

Front bow and strap

Finally the lining assembly.

The finished dress can be seen here on this post Prelude to Prom.


  1. I realize you had a few problems with this pattern, but it turned out SO beautiful! I am absolutely speechless. Keep up the good work!

    1. Thanks Christina! Sorry for the very late reply.