Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Sewing Japanese in January Recap

 As mentioned in my recent posts, I participated in a fun non-competitive sewing challenge in Instagram called #SewJapaneseInJanuary. The rule was simple: sew anything using a Japanese pattern or fabric. It was open to all and meant to motivate and inspire. And boy was I inspired! 

I completed four garments for the challenge and for a slow sewist like me, that is an accomplishment:) I even managed to write a pattern review for each and publish it at PatternReview.com and write a completely separate post here in my blog. I promised myself that for 2021 I will try to work better at updating my blog with each completed sewing project. 

So here is a recap of the challenge.

 


Garment 1 was a top made out of some leftover Nani Iro linen fabric called "Chant Et Poesie" in Black and White. Pattern used was Vogue 1515. It went really well with the Closet Core Pietra pants in dusty pink linen which I made in July of last year. Looks like I failed to blog about it but I did post a comprehensive review at PatternReview.com.

Garment 2 was not made out of Japanese fabric but the pattern used was from a Japanese sewing book called "Shape Shape." I used a leftover solid colored lightweight linen which really worked well with the sleeveless scarf blouse pattern. I wrote about it here. I paired it with another previously sewn pair of linen pants using the Jalie Vanessa pattern. Somehow, I never wrote about it here or in Pattern Review!

Garment 3 is my favorite. Not only do I love the understated elegance of the Japanese double gauze fabric (which is another Nani Iro design), I also had lots of fun sewing it because of the unique details on the sewing pattern, Butterick 5891


Last but not least is the Vogue 9190 shrug in yet another Japanese linen, Nani Iro Chant Et Poesie in pink and brown. 

So three tops and one shrug all went nicely with existing pants in my me-made wardrobe. 

Stay tuned for February which I hope will be as productive sewing-wise as January!

No comments:

Post a Comment