Saturday, February 28, 2015

Sewaholic Crescent Skirt Revisited

This Sewaholic pattern is probably my most used skirt pattern. I have made three (the first one I blogged about  here) before but this fourth version is lined. 
I used a linen/rayon blend fabric purchased from Jo-Ann's. It had a nice drape and weight and a lovely mustard shade.


I only had one yard of the fabric and it shrank some after prewashing.
I thought I was able to squeeze in all the pattern pieces until I realized the pattern for the side waistband required four pieces.

So I used the already cut front waistband facing for the remaining two side waistbands.


And used a twill scrap fabric for the facing.





I added a lining cut from cotton batiste. Sewaholic Patterns has a short tutorial on how to do this. 

Aside from the clear instructions, what I love about this pattern is how professional the finished garment comes out because of the tiny details like:

Twill binding around the waistband.


Ingenious method of attaching zipper so the center back seams match.


Topstitching across the yoke pieces.

Slash pockets that do not detract from the overall shape of the skirt.

I'm set for the warmer months with my newest skirt. 













No comments:

Post a Comment