To choose which size to cut, I compared my actual bust, waist and hip measurements to the pattern chart and the finished garment measurements provided. Since my hips were the widest, I had to make sure that the size I chose would have enough wearing ease around my hips.The problem was the bodice area would be too loose so I decided to go with the size that would work best for my upper body and just grade up towards the waistline and hips. To be sure, I made a mock-up of the bodice using cheap muslin.
I used two fabrics purchased from Jo-Ann's. For the bodice, a solid linen/rayon blend in "honey" and for the skirt, also a linen/rayon blend in black/cream. I love the drape of these fabrics.
The bodice front consists of two overlapping pieces that are pleated. There are no closures and only the small tab holds them in place. Surprisingly though, I did not experience any "gaposis!" There is also a wide midriff piece connecting the bodice to the skirt. This makes it easier to make adjustments.
The back has darts and invisible zipper closure.
The skirt is gathered in the center, both front and back. I was a bit apprehensive about this as I thought it would add needless bulk but this design element actually works for me in that it serves to camouflage any tummy pooch.
Although rated "average difficulty" this pattern could easily be tackled by beginners. Just a tip for beginners though is to read on best way to sew darts and apply invisible zipper. Personally, I always had good results following the instructions enclosed with the zipper packaging.
Here is the finished garment. It is casual and a nice comfortable alternative to the fit and flare style which I can't ever pull off.