Thursday, July 11, 2013

Crescent Skirt Revisited

Ever since my daughter left for college, I have been in a sewing inertia, managing only to buy a yard or two of fabrics here and there but not creating anything out of them. But this summer, I finally got around to organizing my stash and even managed to sew several clothes for myself. So far so good. While I'm on a roll, I decided to join Pattern Review's ongoing Fabric Stash 2013 contest. I know there is no chance I am going to win but this is a good incentive for me to keep sewing. I have just logged in my first entry, the Jalie boat neck tee. For my second entry, I decided to revisit Sewaholic's Crescent Skirt pattern from two years ago. I paired it with a pretty floral linen fabric which has been sitting in my storage box much longer than the pattern.



I won't post details on the sewing process for this skirt as I have already blogged about them on My Crescent Skirt.


I paired the skirt with another boat neck tee I created using my favorite Jalie 2005 pattern.


 I can't say enough about this pattern. The cut is flattering, the instructions so clear cut and sensible. The only modification I made was skipping the side seam pockets.

No comments:

Post a Comment